Following the American Revolution, American Anglicans led by the Reverend William White came together to form the Episcopal Diocese of Pennsylvania which once covered the entire Commonwealth. In 1865 and 1871 new dioceses were formed out of the Diocese of Pennsylvania. Today the Diocese of Pennsylvania covers Philadelphia, Bucks, Montgomery, Chester and Delaware counties. The Archives are the official repository for records of the administration of the Diocese, parishes that have closed and histories of the Diocese, spanning the period from 1784 to the present. Records included in this project are the founding minutes of the Diocese and selected records of St. Paul’s Episcopal Church.