Founded in 1695, Christ Church was the first Anglican church to be established in Pennsylvania. Members of the Continental Congress and early government officials worshipped here and seven signers of the Declaration of Independence are buried on Church property. When the congregation grew too large to be accommodated here the vestry built St. Peter's at the southern edge of the city in 1760 and later St. James. Those United Churches remained a unit until the 1820s and 1830s. Christ Church is an active Episcopal parish today as well as a National Historic Landmark.
The records scanned for this project consist of vestry minutes, parish records, accounting records and sermons.