Baptistery paintings in Twentieth-Century Churches of Christ by Blanche Garrett Perry
The digital images in this collection are taken from watercolor sketches, hand-tinted black-and-white photographs, and black and white photographs of her paintings made by Blanche Garrett Perry, who was active in painting baptisteries for Churches of Christ from 1937 to about 1955. She usually prepared the paintings on large canvases in her Denver, CO, studio, where many of these photographs were made. She donated them to Churches of Christ nationwide and in a few cases abroad. Perry wrote detailed allegorical explanations of the meaning of her images. The Blanche Perry Collection of images and papers is held in the Center for Restoration Studies, housed in the Callie Faye Milliken Special Collections at Brown Library, Abilene Christian University.