Number of results to display per page
Date: ca. 1862 Contributing Institution: Union Presbyterian Seminary Library Description: Image of a building acquired by the AME with the help of Mr. Thayer, the American Consul-General, from the Viceroy Sa'id Pasha, in 1862. It stood at the west end of Muski Street (spelled "Musky" on the slide) and was the first property owned by the AME. Up to that time, the missionaries had been living and working in temporary rented quarters. See Elder, p. 28-29.