Filtering by: Contributing Institution Anabaptist Mennonite Biblical Seminary Remove constraint Contributing Institution: Anabaptist Mennonite Biblical Seminary Date 1889 Remove constraint Date: 1889 Collection Anabaptist Mennonite Biblical Seminary Library Remove constraint Collection: Anabaptist Mennonite Biblical Seminary Library
Number of results to display per page
Date: 1889 Contributing Institution: Anabaptist Mennonite Biblical Seminary Description: The Mennonite (Quakertown, Pa., Berne, Ind., and North Newton, Kan.) was the official weekly English language publication of the General Conference Mennonite Church. It was formed in 1885. In 1934-35, it was published jointly as a biweekly with the Christian Evangel of the Central Conference of Mennonites. It ceased publication in 1998, in preparation for the merger of the Mennonite Church and General Conference Mennonite Church, which resulted in the establishment of Mennonite Church USA and Mennonite Church Canada. It was immediately succeeded by a new publication, also called The Mennonite, that is the current publication of the Mennonite Church USA. See Smucker, J. N. and Maynard Shelley. "Mennonite, The (1885-1998) (Periodical)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1957. Web. 4 Dec 2014. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Mennonite,_The_(1885-1998)_(Periodical)&oldid=123180. Digitization of The Mennonite is sponsored by Anabaptist Mennonite Digital Collaborative, a partnership among Mennonite libraries and archives, with major support from the Schowalter Foundation. The Mennonite, copyright owner for all copyrighted content in this collection, provided permission for free online access; please seek permission from The Mennonite before utilizing copyrighted materials for commercial purposes.