Skip to Content

Search Results

Search Constraints

Filtering by: Contributing Institution Anabaptist Mennonite Biblical Seminary Remove constraint Contributing Institution: Anabaptist Mennonite Biblical Seminary Date 1889 Remove constraint Date: 1889 Language German Remove constraint Language: German
Number of results to display per page

Search Results

  • 0r967b01t?file=thumbnail
    Date: 1889
    Contributing Institution: Anabaptist Mennonite Biblical Seminary
    Description: Der Herold der Wahrheit (Chicago, Ill. and Elkhart, Ind.) was started as a monthly periodical by John F. Funk in 1864 in Chicago. Moving to Elkhart in May 1867, the periodical became semimonthly in 1882, continuing until Oct. 15, 1901 (monthly Jan. & Feb. 1899). Like its sister English-language publication, The Herald of Truth (1864-1908), the periodical targeted a North American Mennonite Church (MC) audience and in its later years had quasi-official status among many Mennonite regional conferences. It included some content not included in The Herald of Truth. See Bender, Harold S. "Herold der Wahrheit (1864-1901) (Periodical)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online . 1956. Web. 22 Jun 2016.  http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Herold_der_Wahrheit_(1864-1901)_(Periodical)&oldid=122973 Digitization of Herold der Wahrheit is sponsored by Anabaptist Mennonite Digital Collaborative, a partnership among Mennonite libraries and archives, with major support from the Schowalter Foundation.